It’s been a week, by now you are probably tired of turkey sandwiches, turkey with dressing, turkey soup, turkey with….
It is time to find a nutritious dish that can help you rid of all that turkey and will make your taste buds dance. Check out this post from the New York Times – I can’t think of a better way to use those leftovers. This is definitely going in my recipe book!
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey, chicken breast or chicken breast tenders (12 ounces cooked)
- 2 romaine hearts, or 1 romaine heart and 1 head bibb lettuce, cut crosswise in chiffonade
- 1 small head radicchio, cut in chiffonade (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tablespoon each parsley and tarragon
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large ripe but firm avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) Roquefort or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds (salted or barbecued if desired)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives