The Liebster Award
This is my first blogger award so, I feel very honored and must extend a sincere thank you to Nikky of HealthNut Nutrition for the nomination! You should check out HealthNut Nutrition for great tips, fact and updates on health, nutrition and fitness topics.
What is the Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
How it works:
1. Add the award icon to your blog
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for your nominations to answer
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award
11 Facts about Dani Cee
- I was born and raised in Texas and, like any good Texan, I’m darn proud of it – ya’ll!
- I love the beach and summertime so very much that I now live in the land of the eternal summer – South Florida and I love it!
- I love to travel and wish that I could tour all the best beaches all over the world.
- I have a two undergraduate degrees, one in fashion and one in nutrition. I would love to someday get my masters in nutrition and a PhD in psychology.
- I work full time as a marketing and medical ghost writer for a network of more 50 physicians across the country. I enjoy my job!
- I love, love, love shopping and fashion and beauty (almost as much as health and wellness) – my previous jobs include fashion sales, make-up artist and salon and spa manager.
- I love writing. I feel so blessed that I have been able to make a career of it and hope to someday pen a page turning novel.
- I love words, especially when I come across a new word and can challenge myself to use it in my writing.
- I have a serious weakness for pizza, cheese and wine – those are my favorite foods and I would take any of those over dessert any day.
- I have recently discovered yoga and I hope I can add it to my routine of physical activities and maybe even pursue a certification in the discipline.
- My favorite health writers/researchers are GIna Kolata of The New York Times and Brian Wansink, author of Mindless Eating.
11 Answers to 11 Questions from HealthNut Nutrition
1. Peanut or Almond butter? Peanut butter, but only on apple slices (otherwise, I really don’t like either one.)
2. Smoothies or Juices? Juice, and while I love it, I try to avoid it because of all the sugar and no fiber.
3. Summer or Fall? Summer – no contest 🙂
4. Pet Peeve? Chewing noises
5. Pinterest or Instagram? Pinterest
6. Sweet or Salty? Salty, although I really leave the combo – salted caramel is delicious!
7. Fruits or Veggies? Veggies are my fave!
8. Weights or Cardio? That’s a tough one – I would have to say weights, but only because there is a greater number of strength training activities that I enjoy versus cardio which boils down to like two…. but why choose? You need both for good health and optimal fitness results.
9. Tea or coffee? Tea
10. Australia or Asia? Australia
11. Yoga or kickboxing? Yoga (I am terrible at kickboxing, although it is a great workout!)
Questions for Nominees
- Summer or winter?
- East coast or west Coast?
- Early bird or night owl?
- Who’s your favorite author?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Social butterfly or home body?
- What food do you find impossible to resist?
- Dog or cat?
- What’s your favorite form of exercise?
- What motivates you?
- Run or Cycle?
And the nominees are. . .
- Fitness and the City
- Smelling the Honeysuckles
- Love & Green Juice
- Eat Well, Live Well
- Hot Moody Mess
- The Fit Wanderer
- Slightly Intoxicated with Rum
- Mystery Meat
- 500 Miles and 1.5 Marathons
- Raiding Life
- Green Tea, Red Wine