Tired of olive oil and vinegar day after day to dress your salads?
Try this recipe from Kris Carr’s new cookbook, Crazy Sexy Kitchen. I took it to work and it has become an office favorite.
And, if you haven’t bought this cookbook yet, you really should. Focusing my food choices on clean eating, avoiding alcohol and using many of the recipes from her book, I have lost 10 pounds and kept it off for a month. This cookbook has made it easier to stay on track because the recipes are flavorful, yet the ingredients are fresh and healthy.
from Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove of finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest (equates to the zest of one medium lemon)
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup (I couldn’t find this at my grocer, so I used organic honey)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Whisk all ingredients in a bowl or pour all ingredients into a glass jar with sealed lid and shake well. This recipe, as listed, makes one cup of dressing.