You know vitamin and minerals are a vital to optimal functioning, but do you really know which vitamins and minerals you need and why? Knowing the role of certain vitamins and minerals can help you plan your diet and your supplements to ensure balance for total wellness.
The Importance of Nutritional Supplements
- 70 percent of Americans are deficient in vitamin D
- 11 percent of Americans consume adequate servings of fruit or vegetables daily
- 90 percent of Americans believe they consume a balanced, healthy diet
- 68 percent of Americans are overweight or obese
- Nutritional deficiencies are linked to weight management issues
- Adequate nutrient levels are essential due to the impact on impact energy levels, metabolism and disease prevention
Read more: The Best & Worst Multivitamins
How do You know if a Supplement is Worth it?
Check out this infographic from InformationisBeautiful.net compiling data from more 1500 studies. View the interactive version by clicking the graphic below and discover the supplements that are “worth it” specific to your needs. The info is constantly updates, so you can get accurate information as studies evolve year after year. It’s a great tool!